• School of Future Learning

School of Future Learning

*As of 2017, the School of Future Learning will no longer be accepting new students. Although students will no longer be accepted, all classes and associated programs for the curriculum will still continue for the current students within this faculty.

In replacement of the School of Future Learning, the following faculties will be established in 2017:

1. Faculty of International Communication
2. Faculty of Economics and Management

In addition to the above two faculties, a third faculty will also be established in 2017; Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.

Faculty of International Communication

 Nurturing internationally minded and language proficient students in the historically rich city of Kanazawa. All students will have ample opportunities to study overseas on a variety of programs and at the same time, acting as ambassadors of Kanazawa and spreading the message of this castle town around the world.

Int Commun.png

Faculty of Economics and Management

 Bringing out the latent potential of all students from the first year and nurturing them to become business minded with the required management skills in economics, law, IT and capable of working in the public sphere and business world.

Int. Manag.png

Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences

 The main objective of this new faculty is to educate students to become both Clinical Engineers and Medical Laboratory Scientists after passing the respective national examinations. The will become the specialists doctors, nurses and pharmacists will turn to for advice on medical equipment and clinical tests in the hospital setting.

Health medical.png

*The below information refers to the School of Future Learning and departments previous to this*

 The Faculty of Law (est. 1987) and Faculty of Foreign Languages (est. 1992) were merged to form the School of Future Learning in 2004. It is a four-year curriculum consisting of the Department of International Management and Department of International Liberal Arts. Fields of study in the Department of International Management include management, economics, law, finance and accounting. The Department of International Liberal Arts offers majors in Japanese language and Japanese language education, English or Chinese, while students take subjects such as liberal arts, cultural studies, tourism, international relations and regional studies. This form of curriculum allows students to tailor their education and acquire the knowledge necessary to develop as internationally minded individuals.

Educational principles and goals:

 To produce open-minded students with a broad education who can make valuable contributions to the future of the local and global society.

Department of International Management

  1. Management and Marketing Course
  2. International Economics and Commerce Course
  3. Finance and Accounting Course
  4. Corporate Law Course
  5. Medical Management Course

Department of International Liberal Arts

  1. International Relations Course
  2. Cultural Studies Course
  3. English Studies Course
  4. Japanese Studies and Japanese Language Education Course
  5. Tourism Course

2+2 Joint Education Program (Double-degree)

 Each year, we welcome around 150 students from various partner universities in China on our 2+2 join education program. Students study at their home university for the first two years and then transfer to Hokuriku University as a third-year student. Upon graduating, students receive a Bachelor's degree from both universities. Currently, we welcome students from universities such as Beijing Language and Culture University, Tianjin Foreign Studies University, Dalian University of Foreign Languages and Xi'an International Studies University. Roughly 60% of the students who graduate from this program enter a graduate school in Japan or around the world. The remaining 40% of graduates find employment either in Japan or back in their home countries.

 Students on the 2+2 program speaking about how they were able to successfully apply for graduate studies at various universities throughout Japan